- Work with Marketing team and/or Customer to identify, design and develop new platforms according to market demand and or new technology trend.
- Lead and guide a team of R&D engineers in the design and development of new modules/platforms/systems in accordance to customers’ and management’s requirements within the required lead-time and allocated budget.
- Involve in mechanical design and development activities including proposals, technical & risks assessment, concepts study, detailed designs, analysis, drawings, prototypes, tests and etc.
- Act as mechanical architect in proposing mechanical architecture, components placement as well as responsible for components sizing, calculation and component selection.
- Conduct mechanical engineering tests, characterizations, and reliability tests according to product requirements.
- To communicate and collaborate with Project Management team, Engineering team as well as Technical teams.
- Able to perform root caused analysis on the issues found during development phase.
- Ensure all the responsible design are delivered according to the corporate design standards and all the documentation are comply with QMS requirements.
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 5-8 years of experience in automation machine design.
- Possess good technical drawing skill in using Solidworks.
- Possess hand-on experience in mechanical systems debugging and troubleshooting.
- Experienced as a Technical leader with good project management skills.
- Preferably to have experience in new product R&D development cycle.